Sebastian Collberg will finish the season with the Hamilton Bulldogs
Sebastian Collbergs season lives on. Frölunda talented junior forward is heading to North America to finish the season in the AHL.
- They want to see what I can improve on and what I should practice more, says Collberg to hockeysverige.se.
A troublesome groin forced Sebastian Collberg to throw in the towel in Frölunda bronze match against Farjestad in J20-SM. It was the same injury that caused 19-year-old could not pursue Frölunda quarterfinal series against Lulea in the Swedish Championship finals.
He hopes that he will bring order to the groin shortly. The season is not over. In short, the idea is to Collberg will fly to Canada to finish the season with the Montreal Canadiens feeder Hamilton Bulldogs in the AHL.
- It looks like it right now, I hope it says Collberg.
- It would of course be great to try it. They asked if I wanted to come over and try some. They want to see what I can improve on and what I should practice more. Hamilton probably will not be going to the playoffs again so hopefully I get to play a lot and feel of the game over there.
What are your expectations for the game in the AHL?
- As you have heard and seen it's pretty tough game over there. It is slightly larger outer zones so you have maybe a little more space there, but it will probably slap pretty good compared to J20 and above all premier league. You have to have your head held high when you're on the ice.
Sebastian Collberg has had continuous contact with Montréal scout Christer Rockstrom season. Some discussions about a contract with the NHL club, he has not yet had.
- Not yet. We'll see if there is something in the summer or in the future, says Collberg under contract to Frolunda of next season.
- The fact that I signed a new contract, it feels like I'm getting there.