Six mois plus tard, cette déception que ressentait Jérémy Grégoire lorsqu’il a prématurément quitté le camp d’entraînement du Canadien, en septembre dernier, n’est plus. Elle a plutôt fait place à une certaine fierté personnelle qui sera perceptible tout au long de son entretien avec Hockey Le Magazine. Récit d’une saison mouvementée pour le jeune espoir du Tricolore.
Montreal Canadiens continue tradition of developing top talent overseas
Since the days of Mats Naslund, the Montreal Canadiens have been on the forefront of European scouting. This is the organization that drafted Viacheslav Fetisov in 1978 and Vladislav Tretiak in 1983, anticipating the Russian invasion by over a decade. Even a cursory glance over their NHL roster confirms that the Habs have nurtured a fruitful European pipeline. The newest batch of European talent features crafty wingers like Artturi Lehkonen and Martin Reway, who are looking to follow in the steps of Naslund.
Magnus Nygren working his way back after a concussion
Magnus Nygren season with the Hamilton Bulldogs of the AHL ended in late January after the Swedish hill coated with concussion problems.
Nygren then chose to return home to Sweden to recover.
Last week was carried out tests of fluid in the spinal cord and now the results come. A positive result showed that Nygren's brain was comparable to a healthy one.
- It feels like I've won something, I do not know what to say almost, it's a strange feeling. I had probably expected a worse result, he says to VF .
"Just be patient"
The hard protruding jaw must therefore start training to eventually make a comeback on the ice again.
VF: How you can look forward now?
- When it comes to my personal life, it feels like a few tons disappeared from my shoulders. It has spun a lot in my head, "what is it finished with everything, what should I do then?"
"Can look ahead"
If the training is going as planned and that Nygren want, it will be a return to hockey.
- For long periods, I have not managed anything. Now I can look forward and get back to my normal life and it includes training and hockey. That is what has made me feel good for many years, since I hope to take a sensible decision on next season. I'm sure I have not lost my hockey knowledge, where will I find the way back, he says.
"Farjestad lies with"
Although he missed large parts of the season and only played 15 games for Hamilton in the NHL's minor league he knows that the future is assured if he can make a comeback.
- I have been fortunate to not sit in the lake, I know that there are jobs. Now I think about what I want to do and where, he says to the VF and continues:
- And it is obvious that Farjestad is in the picture.